Friday 23 October 2009

Music To Shower To

I can't sleep. I mean, I really can't sleep. I awoke at 7:30am today in pitch darkness and have been tossing and turning ever since then. I know this doesn't sound bad but considering I only went to bed around half 3 I'm sure you can empathize with me. It isn't all bad though. I'm sitting in my ludicrously comfortable reclining chair with an ice cold pint of Dr. Pepper beside me. Although I was planning on making this post today, I didn't expect it to be so early, so please bear with me and my morning insomnia.

You may be wondering what the title is all about. We have a saying when it comes to relentless electro which revolves around listeners needing to get a shower if a song hits a certain level of filthiness that'll make their knees shake and their heads spin. I don't know about the rest of you, but there is something about grinding synths that just does it for us. Go to any club night in Belfast (and occasionally Dublin) that features this type of music and you can be sure to find us front middle causing chaos and generally acting like lunatics.

The title also has another more practical meaning though. I know a lot of people listen to music in the shower. That is a given, after all, it is human nature to want to be entertained in some shape or form whilst we go about our daily business, but has anyone taken the time out to listen to seriously dirty beats in the shower? The experience is like no other. In many respects it is a dangerous activity, due in large part to the fact that popping grooves in a limited spacial area during wet conditions is dangerous in itself. Either way, I don't know about you, but I believe in a little term called no risk, no reward. Obviously this can't be applied to every scenario but in this case I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. The songs chosen for today's post are songs I personally recommend you to experiment with, preferably in the shower, but don't blame me if you break any bones. I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Eric Prydz - Pjanoo (Dada Life Guerilla Remix)
Felix Cartal - Drone (extremely recommended)
The Toxic Avenger - Toxic Is Dead (Designer Drugs Remix)
Elite Force - Used & Abused (Zodiac Cartel Remix)
Armand Van Helden - I Want Your Soul (Dusty Kid Suga Dub)
Tommy Sparks - I'm A Rope (Yuksek Remix) (feel good track of the century?)

No response to “Music To Shower To”

Leave a Reply